Through water filtration, it is very easy to remove impurities from water by means of a fine physical barrier, a chemical process or a biological process. Water gets cleansed to different extents for purposes such as providing agricultural irrigation, accessible drinking water, public and private aquaria, and the safe use of ponds and swimming pools.
The process of filtration involves the flow of water through a granular bed, of sand or another suitable media, at a low speed. In water filtration, the system retains most solid matter while permitting the water to pass. This process is usually repeated to ensure adequate removal of unwanted particles in the water.
There are three tiers of Best Paani water filtration:
1. Best Paani Basic Filtration: Extends life of water to 15 months.
2. Best Paani Intermediate Filtration: Filters visible pollutants for cleaning purposes.
3. Best Paani Advanced Filtration: Filters micro pollutants for drinking purposes.
Best Paani Advanced Filtration:
Best Paani Advanced Filtration consists of a biofilm and layers of specially selected and prepared sand and gravel for water filtration. An easy and economical way of water filtration, bio-sand filter is very suitable to use and practice in household level. It is smaller and adoptable for intermittent use. Studies had shown that bio-sand filter removes heavy metals, turbidity, bacteria, viruses and protozoa.
Furthermore, it also reduces discoloration, odor, unpleasant taste. Due to its effectiveness, reliability and low cost, it is an appropriate technology in developing countries. It is estimated that over 200000 bio-sand filters are in use worldwide.
At the top of the filter, a tightly fitted lid prevents contamination and unwanted pests from entering the filter. Below this, the diffuser plate prevents disturbance of biofilms when water is poured into the filter. Water then passes through sand column, which removes pathogens and suspended solids. A layer of gravel prevents sand from entering the drainage layer and clogging the outlet tube. Below the separating layer is the drainage layer consisting of coarser gravels that prevent clogging near the base of the outlet tube.
Best Paani Advanced Water Filter has five distinct zones:
1. Inter reservoir zone
2. Standing water zone
3. Biological zone
4. Non-biological zone
5. Gravel zone
Pathogens and suspended solids are removed through a combination of biological and physical processes that take place in the biolayer and within the sand layer. These process include mechanical trapping, predation, adsorption and natural death.
1. Mechanical trapping: suspended solids and pathogens are physically trapped in the spaces between the sand grains.
2. Predation: pathogens are consumed by other micro-organisms in the biolayer.
3. Adsorption: pathogens become attached to each other, suspended solids in the water and the sand grains.
4. Natural death: pathogens finish their life cycle or die because there is not enough food or oxygen for them to survive.
Thus biosand filter is an organic way to filter water for drinking which merely has a chemical effect.
Allegiance Rainwater Harvesting System